Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ah, Those Royals: Larger Than Life Knickers!

I wish I could come up with a better title, one befitting United Kingdom's longest reigning monarch, but I can't. The title is very apt, though cruel, for tonight's subject. Now being fat is not something one should ever be ashamed of.(HAHAHAHA, Yeah RIGHT!) Well, Queen Victoria wasn't! At least, I don't think so. She paraded around London on her diamond year on the throne fat, and she died fat so I'm guessing she never tried to hide it. 9 children, hundreds of servants, and with nothing to do but be happy that the British Empire is at its greatest, anybody's bound to get big! My reverence for the late Queen is now marred by the fact that they're auctioning off her knickers, really big, 50 inch (when stretched, I guess) knickers. When I look at the Victoria Memorial I remember the greatness of a country and I never really thought that Queen Victoria was fat, now, WELL, (to the tune of Kylie Minogue's old song) I JUST CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!

Read the article here